Jump to recipe
The title of this one is pretty much a list of things that are good on their own anyway, but combine them and you’ve really got something.
This recipe is adapted from one on Kevin & Amanda’s blog that was sent to me as a very subtle hint ahead of a friend coming over for dinner.
The good news is that it’s easy to make — just a few ingredients put together in three main stages — crust, caramel and ganache.
The result is decadently rich with a crumbly crust, gooey caramel and smooth ganache, sure to please even the sweetest tooth!
Dark Chocolate Salted Caramel Oreo Pie
- 36 Oreos (about 3 small packs or 1 large)
- 1 cup (225g) butter, divided
- 2⁄3 packed cup (approx 145g) brown sugar
- 1–1/4 cup (300ml) double cream, divided
- 340g dark chocolate chips
- Coarse sea salt, to decorate
- Vanilla buttercream, to decorate (optional)
- Crush the Oreos into crumbs. It’s easiest to use a food processor but you can do it the old-school way too.
- Melt half the butter and combine with the Oreo crumbs.
- Press the Oreo mixture into a 25cm pie dish and put in the freezer for 10 minutes to set.
- Melt the rest of the butter and stir in the sugar. Stir continuously until the mixture starts to bubble.
- Cook for another minute then take off the heat.
- Slowly combine 1⁄4 cup (60ml) cream and mix until smooth.
- Cool caramel for 15 minutes, then pour into the pie crust. Put in freezer for 30–45 minutes until the caramel is set.
- Bring the remaining cream to a simmer over a medium heat.
- Pour cream over chocolate in a mixing bowl and leave for 5 minutes, then stir until smooth.
- Pour ganache over caramel and refrigerate or freeze until set (depending on how long you think you can wait!).
- Before serving, sprinkle over some salt — personally I don’t like too much salt in my salted caramel stuff but it’s up to you. I also added a decoration of vanilla buttercream for the colour contrast and because I can’t get enough vanilla 🙂